Ava Mucikyan moved to the United States from Armenia on her own at the age of 18 with only $800 in her pocket. In this episode, you’ll learn why she refers to herself as a rebel buddha, how she overcame enormous rejection, and what led her to leave her corporate career to open the Salt Room Las Vegas.
In this episode, we also mentioned:
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Rebel Buddha by Dzogchen Ponlop
- SCORE: Free Small Business Advice
- Women of Distinction Awards (WODA)
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
If you enjoyed this episode, you may also enjoy Women in Business with Kathleen Taylor
Follow the Leadership Looks Like Podcast on the following social media channels:
- Leadership Looks Like Podcast on Facebook
- Leadership Looks Like Podcast on Instagram
- Leadership Looks Like on YouTube
Leadership Excursion Co. (@LeadExCo) specializes in hands-on leadership training including leadership training with horses. They provide team building, custom team and executive retreats, and business coaching services. Proponents of the betterment of women both personally and professionally, Leadership Excursion Co. hosts Spark Women’s Leadership Retreat. A retreat designed to educate and lift women up.
Contribute to the Leadership Looks Like Project by sharing your story, nominating a leader who you look up to, submitting your photo, or making a donation.